Thursday, May 5, 2011

final project- process pics, ... my color composition 2

Here's the 1st section of the song in marker colors. I was holding several long markers when I did this, and had trouble cordinating and being flexable enough to it- in beat with the music. I generally like it, but I just didn't feel satisfied with it in the end.
*note- I also wanted to see if I liked the results better if I did it with my eyes opened or with my eyes closed, so I experiemented with that too. This one was with my eyes closed.

-2nd section of the song, and I believe this was with my eyes opened. Still not too happy with the results.

So then I thought of doing just one color, marker at a time, and I would used the one that is most emphasixed in that particular section of the song, for example, this is the 2nd section of the song- the first high saxophone feature, so I used just my one marker color that represented that one instrument, (even though in the song there is actually drums and piano with it). Nice!, much less to handle- could flow more easily in strokes and I could move faster and be caught up with the beat of the music. I was still wondering about the eyes opened or eyes closed thing, so I experimented with that again here.
*This one was done with my eyes closed.


This is also the 2nd section of the song, the first high saxophone feature- done that same way the one above was done, but with my eyes opened. *See the difference? I felt, after these experiments, that I wanted to keep my eyes closed, I seemed to have more creative freedom and to make more interesting designs if I wasn't aware of my markings. I decided I didn't like this just one color thing either; it's just not as interesting and it defeats my goal of wanting to show the layers of the instruments/music.

No comments:

Post a Comment