Thursday, May 5, 2011

final project- note on my final project:

I really enjoyed doing this project and I am pretty happy with the final results of my artwork! I had trouble with the mounting on the board. I wanted to present both the color composition and the gray scale one each, in one long "series", and hand them from the ceiling. I think that would have help it all flow better. I unfortunately stuck the first two boards together the wrong way, so then I had to do the others the same way, and that's how I got that stand alone, sign-like format, I presented in class, which actually I thought was pretty good considering my earlier mistake.
Also, just wanted to note again that the elements I was thinking about and working towards as I did my final project were:
eye movement
repetition
scale
flow and direction
design and placement
layering and grouping
cropping

I think I did well in all these areas, except for flow and direction; I think I could have done better with that, but I think the mounting issue made a big difference.
Thanks to all!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment