Thursday, May 5, 2011

final project- process pics, ... my black and white composition 2

-5th section of the song

6th section, or the finally of the song

Then, I tried to count out the symbols I'd made in each section, as is demonstrated here, but it was hard to figure out how to scale down the final copy I was going to do, because the simplified symbols I used above, were smaller than the cut-out ones I'd be using on the final copy, and I could fit more of them in a smaller space, or one line, than I know I'd be able to with the cut-out symbols. I think I did pretty well with the grouping and scaling down; I also just focused more on the where in the song a certain instrument was emphasized, and/or where it came in and joined the other instruments.

*I also considered just getting rid of the whole symbols idea with my black and white composition and just doing it by hand with markers, just closing my eyes and marking however I felt as I was listening to the song. This is my experiment with that ideas. This is the 1st section of the song.


-2nd section of the song

*But I decided to stick with my using symbols idea.*

No comments:

Post a Comment