Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Color assignment- write-up for my composition

First, I looked at several different color and lettering options on the computer, and printed out the ones I liked best. Then I moved to paper. I found the acrylics to be good paints to use, just had to keep them, and the brushes wet. I did squeeze out too much paint to start with, so I guess I wasted some, which is too bad.  Anyway, I chose four colors and four adjectives and tried them out. Below is the list of colors I mixed together to make each one(they are already matched together):
Plain= titanium white, lemon yellow, brilliant red, blue lake
Plum-eggplant= titanium white, blue lake, brilliant red

Irish= lemon yellow, blue lake, titanium white
Bonny= blue lake, brilliant red

Angry= brilliant red, lemon yellow
Raving= brilliant red, blue lake, titanium white

Vibrant= brilliant red, titanium white, lemon yellow
Youth= lemon yellow, titanium white

*I chose "Irish Bonny (pretty)." 
I had to practice a few times first, and I kept changing my mind about the lettering, but I finally made a decision. It was a little hard getting the "y" on the end of "Bonny" the way I wanted it to be.
Even though it was time consuming, I really enjoyed working on this project; color and painting are my favorite parts of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment