Tuesday, March 22, 2011

assignment 8b -Nouveau






Here is my Nouveau peice.  I first took a picture of the shoe on my cell phone, put that on my computer and then printed it out.  I actually printed three pictures of the shoe- one full page= 8 1/2" x 11", and two 5" x 7"pictures.  Next, I placed a piece of tracing paper over each print-out, to get the basic outline of the shoe.  Then, by putting the tracing paper on top of my 11" x 14" sketch paper, and going over the outline drawn on the tracing paper with a pen, I was able to make an indention of the shoe's shape on the sketch paper.  The shoe in the middle of the composition is taken from the 8 1/2" x 11" picture and the smaller shoes that make up the border around it are from the 5" x 7" pictures.  Instead of just going over the indention, this time, I just used the indention as a guide for myself, and free-handed with curved lines, but tried to keep it around the same area and shape of the origional.  So this was the final result.  I wanted to create an obvious center of attention with the large shoe in the middle- to draw the eye right there.  The border was easier this time.  This time I wanted to do just two shoes on top and two on bottom, instead of three.  Again, they are alternating, or are opposite, but the other change is that the whole shoe shows and not just part of it.  Also, I tried to keep the fluid lines of the nouveau style throughout the composition.  I don't know if I was completely successful with this composition either, but I think it turned out pretty good, and I enjoyed doing it as much as the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment