Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tess. Project





I decided to do this project on paper, instead of Photoshop, and am pretty happy with the results.  First I had to tape together two 81/2" by 11" sheets of paper, and cut off the extra to make it 11" by 14".  Then, I followed the directions in the class notes to form the triangle(s), and make cut-outs from it, etc.  I used one basic shape and five colors.  To make the multicolored diamonds, I first, made the line of the four pieces all in one color, and did it for each color I was using- pink, green, orange, blue.  When I had cut out enough sets of each color, I mixed the pieces all together and tried out different color orders, until Ifound one I liked.  Notice that the first diamond, (upper left corner), on the top half, goes pink, green, orange, blue, while the bottom half is green, pink, blue, orange; and the diamond in the lower left corner is the same, but the halves are switched.  Likewise, the upper right Conor diamond goes orange, blue, pink, green on top, and blue, orange, green, pink on bottom; while the diamond in the lower right corner is the same, but here again, the halves are switched.  I put together one row (one half of the diamond) together, with tape on the back, did the same for the other rows; then just taped two rows together to make the diamond shape, and glued that in place.  The purple was ment to be a filler for the design, but also an intersection "X", and the middle of it is on the center spot of the paper.  I wish I had done more than just one color here.  My lining up of the shapes isn't the greatest either, but overall, I feel good about this project and I had fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment