Saturday, February 12, 2011

geometry- my assignment 3

Here is my project.  The scan didn't work, so here it is in cell phone pictures.






repeat



For all four book pages, I followed the class notes to draw the Van de Graaf Cannon.  Then I placed the golden rectangles and found their golden points, and chose one to place an event at, in each rectangle.  For the first golden rectangle I created an "X" as the event, and made the design/markings that are all over it with the center of a fake diamond-like object.  The second rectangle has a circle at the event space, and the design/markings were made by pressing down a piece of embossed paper.  The third, has a diamond at the event space, and the design/markings are made from a small, thick piece of rolled-up cardboard.  Finally, the fourth golden rectangle has a square at its event space, and the design/markings are made with the top of a marker cap.  Black ink was used for all.  The first two rectangles relate to each other in that the design/markings on both, go across (horizontal), the rectangle, and the second two rectangles relate to each other in that the design/markings on both, go up and down (vertical), the rectangle.  I tried to create designs/markings that would not draw the eye (as instructed to do), but I'm not sure if I was completely successful in this, or not.  Also, I really enjoyed doing this project- it was just a little challenging, but different from the art work I normally do, and it was a lot of fun!
-Lisa Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment